Solaris 10 - X Problem

I can't get a remote X session to display on my Solaris 10 box. I can get it to work if I launch X on my local machine (like /usr/openwin/bin/xclock) so I know X itself is working correctly. The problem is, when I am on a remote host, I set the [ export DISPLAY=<IPADDRESS>:0.0 ] variable, and run /usr/openwin/bin/xclock, and it says cannot open display on <IPADDRESS:0.0>. Yes, I have also run xhost + on the localhost as well. It sounds like a permissions issue to me, but I can't figure out what is screwed up! Thanks for any help you provide.

It not really clear what way round things are not working.

Can you go through what you have done again, using machine1 and machine2 as names and give a more explict description of what you did.

eg.

When I am logged in to machine1, i connect remotely to machine2 and run xclock it does not appear on machine1.

Also a little more white space would help a lot.

I am logged into machine1, I open a terminal and type [xhost +] and then telnet to machine2. At this point, I type:

[who am i] to see who machine2 thinks I am. machine2 sees me as
[10.143.80.25].

I then type: [export DISPLAY=10.143.80.25:0.0;/usr/openwin/bin/xclock] on machine2 and I get the error, Unable to open display.

Now, to prove that X is working on machine2, I am logged into machine2, and type [/usr/openwin/xclock], and the xclock appears.

This is solaris 10. I kinda think this is a permissions issue, but can't figure out where.

Are you using gdm2-login on cde-login on machine1 as the graphical login manager service?

This makes a difference, because gdm will by default disable access for network clients.

Hi,
Any firewall in between? or Any port belong to X-window blocked by machine 2?

...msgm

I am using CDE. I have another system that is setup identically as machine1, and everything works on it. There are no firewalls in between machine1, and machine2.