Solaris 10 startup scripts

Hi all,

I have a server in maintenance mode and need to boot it up. Its due to a broken service "RepX".

I need to stop the service from trying to start at boot up but i can't find where it is booting up from... it is not in any of the rcX.d directories and the two locations i have found it in i have removed it.

Also removed an entry from /etc/inittab but can't find where it is being attempted to start from.

Any help would be appreciated to find where this might be starting from.

Maybe it is started by SMF. Try:

svcs -a | grep -i repx

Looks like you might be right.

svcs -a | grep -i repx
offline         3:37:08 svc:/devices/RepX_R4_0_Startup2:default
maintenance     3:40:52 svc:/devices/RepX_R4_0_Startup1:default

Im not used to Solaris SMF can you tell me what i need to remove to get rid of it, i cant find anything below /lib/svc in any directory that relates to this service.

I can see it is attempting to start the service but now can't find the startup script as i have removed it, now i guess there is a file used by SMF to run or kill services which also has dependancies in it?

svcadm disable svc:/devices/RepX_R4_0_Startup2:default
svcadm disable svc:/devices/RepX_R4_0_Startup1:default

It just trys to restart it still on a reboot, and most of the system services are dependant on this one to start.

Is there a way to completely remove it from the SMF startup?

What is the output of:

svcs -xv svc:/devices/RepX_R4_0_Startup2:default
svcs -xv svc:/devices/RepX_R4_0_Startup1:default

after you run "svcadm disable"?

Ok, i managed to figure out how to completely remove the service but other services are still requiring it as a dependancy,

# svcs -xv
svc:/system/filesystem/usr:default (read/write root file systems mounts)
 State: offline since  18 October 2012 20:05:47 GMT
Reason: Dependency svc:/devices/RepX_R4_0_Startup1 is absent.

Can't see any dependancies on that service in any of the manifest files.

# find /var/svc/manifest -type f -exec grep -i repx {} \;
#

---------- Post updated at 20:09 ---------- Previous update was at 20:08 ----------

using

svccfg delete

i now get this:

# svcs -xv svc:/devices/RepX_R4_0_Startup2:default
svcs: Pattern 'svc:/devices/RepX_R4_0_Startup2:default' doesn't match any instances
#