Solaris 10 Recommended Patches

Does anyone get the following error message below when trying to download solaris 10 recommended patch?

End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
the last disk(s) of this archive.
unzip: cannot find zipfile directory in one of 120011-14.zip or
120011-14.zip.zip, and cannot find 120011-14.zip.ZIP, period.

Could this be a 'faux pas' of Sun?

Do you have all 65mb of the patch? Checksums look alright?

I had this problem with the Jan 2009 Solaris 10 Sparc recommended patches and solved it by running unzip on my Linux Redhat box and then rcp'ing the files over to my Solaris box. If that's not possible, then another idea was to install the few patches that can be unzipped and then reboot and try the unzip again. Sounds like unzip has problems until it gets to a sufficient patch level.

Could be file corruption.. ? :.

But it works on Linux and according to others ( I haven't tried):
--it works after you install those patches
--it works on windows.

re-try downloading again. no harm trying :o

Same Issue Happened Here,

Solaris UNZIP Have Some Issues in Archives Bigger than 2GB, which is the size of the latest recommended patches,

what i did was: unzip the recommended patches in windows, creates Archives of 300MB, and Uploaded them to Solaris, then Extracted them there, It Worked:)

Is that why the Sun EIS is using the bzip2 to zip the recommended patch cluster ? :eek:

Had a similar problem with a newly built system, running Solaris 10 update 4 on some T2000's. I knew the patch set was good because I had installed it on some other systems running on V240 and V440 hardware. However it would never unzip correctly so unzipped it on one of the running systems and exported it out and ran the patch installing on the T2000 using the V240 NFS mount. Not ideal but it worked around the problem and then the same patch bundle would unzip on the T2000 post patch. There was a zip patch in the bundle which I assumed fixed the problem.