Solaris 10 - printer driver challenge

Hi,

I have a Solaris 9 box that is connected to an Intermec EasyCoder 3400e tag printer. We set up the printer in solaris 9 using Jet Direct Admin console to use dump blotter address and the whole thing works fine. We are now moving from the Solaris 9 box to Solaris 10 box and Jet Direct Admin Console is not supported on Solaris 10. We turned to Solaris Print Manager to define the Intermec EasyCoder3400e and there is no comparable driver that we can find that will issue IPL, which would make Intermec work, please advise on what options we can explore.

Thank you,

Mike

Normally if there's no driver supported under solaris 10 for that tag printer, I suppose you have no choice. I suppose you asked the same here OpenSolaris Forums : Intermec Easy Coder 3400e & Solaris ... :slight_smile:
no clues yet?

Very often in the Windows World, a alternative printer driver i.e. under emulation is offered as part of troubleshooting a printer's output - might be worth contacting the supplier of this label printer if a alternative driver can be used to emulate - (frequently a Laserjet driver)

----
ms. stevi