Solaris 10 print to pdf

Hi,
Is it possible to setup printer on Solaris 10 that generates PDF file?
We are using quite old solaris app and would like to generate files instead of printing to paper.

Thanks in advance,
Adam

One way is to install the ghostscript application on Sol 10. You must install pkgutil from opencsw first.

https://www.opencsw.org/package/ghostscript/

To be clear pdf on Solaris is NOT like pdf on windows. There is an application that sends text to pdf. You have to invoke it outside of lp.
If it absolutely has to be part of "printing to a file" you will have to play around with svccfg for print services.

If I had it to do: I would simply use the app to write a file and skip printing printing to a pseudodevice. Write some code to run in a crontab entry: run the app against any file that shows up in a given directory. Execute the cron entry every minute if users have to have the data "right now".

Thank you.
We are now thinking about deploying linux virtual machine with cups service to act as network printer saving pdf files.
Our app uses network printers so it sounds like good solution.

I guess the Cups on the Linux box uses ghostscript, too.
A print server has the disadvantage that saved files are owned by the print server i.e
root. If you have a mail server, you can probably mail back the generated PDF to the user...

Is there really no print-to-file option in your application? Or perhaps you can configure its print command, e.g. change an lp command to mylp, and have a custom mylp script?