Solaris 10 / NetApp volumes - Forbidden: You don't have permission to access...

Hi all

We have a couple of solaris zones running a jboss app in a cluster. Each zone has a shared netapp volume mounted to /app/xxx with everything under that subdir apart from jboss which is local to each zone in /app/jboss-3.2.5

There is a symlink in /app/xxx/jboss-3.2.5 which points to /app/jboss-3.2.5

Both apps need to share some of the same content directories under the following jboss subdir using symlinks:

/app/jboss-3.2.5/server/instance1/deploy/cjoc.war/data -> /app/xxx/jboss325dirs/data
/app/jboss-3.2.5/server/instance1/deploy/cjoc.war/js -> /app/xxx/jboss325dirs/js
/app/jboss-3.2.5/server/instance1/deploy/cjoc.war/images -> /app/xxx/jboss325dirs/images
/app/jboss-3.2.5/server/instance1/deploy/cjoc.war/css -> /app/xxx/jboss325dirs/css

This is where the problem lies. If I try to view a .css or image file or anything under one of those shared symlinked directories I get:

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /css/print.css on this server."

This is strange as we have the exact same setup as this for the same type of app and there is no problem with the symlinks.

The apache error logs show:

Symbolic link not allowed or link target not accessible: /app/xxx/jboss-3.2.5/server/instance1/deploy/cjoc.war/css

I would appreciate any advice or input on this matter.

Thanks

Steve.

Sorry, forgot to say that we have added the appropriate FollowSymLinks directives in apache conf and tried all sorts of permissions variations on the dirs and files themselves right up to 777.