Solaris 10 Login Page Loop

I'm currently logged in as Root on a Solaris 10 Server for my schools department and I'm trying to figure out why 20 of my users(Students) can log into the Solaris 10 Sun Ray Oracle Server with correct username and password but then be looped back to the same log in page. I tried deleting their username and creating a new user but it keeps looping back to the log in page.

has a login shell been assigned to the user id's? If not, then try something like (as root):

usermod --shell /bin/bash studentid

Have you changed/edited the /etc/shadow file manually recently?

When trying to type in the above code to the terminal
I keep getting the message

lp -i IBMInfo121-13 -P ...

There are no current printers on this Server

--- Post updated at 06:46 PM ---

No not recently we did however add about 35 new users to the server the other day but it was working just fine until We had a storm that knocked out power on campus earlier this week and ever since then the student can log in but will be brought back to the log in page.

Hmmmmm..........if it was a power outage that caused the problem I'd be inclined to integrity check the root and, if it's a separate filesystem, the usr filesystem. Are these filesystems ZFS or UFS????

A problem with the accounts setup ( /etc/passwd & /etc/shadow ) would fit with the symptoms you are seeing that nobody can login. Can you login as root? Has the system been rebooted since the power outage?

The printer message problem would fit with an accounts screw-up because print services also run as an account, usually 'lp' which may also be unable to start and being returned to the process login stage.

I can log in as root So I went back in and created another user gave it the username:mwill

logged in as such and got the error

Could not chdir to home directory /export/home/mwill: Permission Denied 
ls -l /export/home/mwill

I