solaris 10 login. I can not input any character

well I am using vmware to install solaris 10. everything went smooth( I installed it like 1000 times already and i get the same problem with login.) I can type my username without any problem but when i go to type my password. it does not take any character. i cant see anything. It is very frustrating because I have been doing it for 2 days already. my keyboard is fine. I can not even copy paste on password. Is there a solution for it? I even clean installed it on my laptop. I can not type anything on password field.
thanks if anyone can help me

you can type in the password but it won't be shown... this is normal behavior! so if you put in the right password and press enter, you should be able to login. if not, use the commandline login you can chosse from the menu.

i still cant login. my password is so simple. i reckon there is something else going on. do u have any other ideas

i use it in vbox all the time and there is no problem for me... have you tried the commandline login?

One common reason can be a mismatch between the actual and configured keyboard layouts.

This is very common in unix that you dont see anything for what you have typed when you enter the password in solaris. One reason can be that your account is locked. One reason can be you are not giving case sensitive password information to the machine. Please check your passed information to the system.