Solaris 10 install doesn't display Network Connectivity prompt page

I have two Dell x86 machines on which I am attempting to install Solaris 10 from CD. I am not doing a Jumpstart install. This is my first experience in installing Solaris (or any other OS). I am following the instructions at How to Quickly Install the Solaris 10 1/06 OS

The first machine worked, following the prompts as expected in the guide. However, installing on the second machine does not display the Network Connectivity prompt page. It skips right from prompting for the host name to the time zone page. Why would it do this?

To ensure that the issue is not the network cable or connection, I plugged in the network cable from the working machine to the non-working machine and tried the install that way. No change.

What would make an installation skip the network connectivity page? How can I fix it so that I do get the prompt? As I said, this is my first time doing an OS installation, so please provide complete path and file names, etc. in your answers. If you need additional information from me, please help me understand how to retrieve it.

Also, the machines used to have windows installed. When IT gave me the machines, they understood the requirement for network connectivity and tested that access using windows. So, both machines do have a network card.

Thank you very much.

instead of changeing the cable try to change the nic's of the maschines....

Sounds like it did not recognize the network card or it is an unsupported card.

I recommend using a supported card rather than trying to find drivers for an esoteric one. It saves on the hassle when trying to rebuild the machine if disaster strikes.

Thank you for your responses! I will try switching the cards.