Solaris 10 : command to copy text to the clipboard.

I'm searching a command to copy text to the clipboard.

xclip

and

xsel

are commands which are available on several kind Linux and Unix OS, but is unfortenuately not available on solaris 10.
REF : X-clipboard

clipboard

of openSolaris is also not available on solaris 10.
REF : www.unix.com/man-page/opensolaris/1t/clipboard/

Is there a command in Solaris 10 for this issue?
Or is there a way to find the command, which is acitvated when 'copy' on the keyboard is activated?

I'm not allowed to put in links

Hi,

If you are using the CDE then what you need is here. For the most part this will work in other GUI's in Solaris as well - but you'll have to test.

Regards

Dave

1 Like

Dave, thanks for your answer, but I'm searching a possibility to do it via command line ... to use it in a next step in script, to avoid mistakes and problems.

Why do you want to copy something to the clipboard from Solaris? That makes no sense. When you are logged into a Unix/Linux server using a secure shell ( SSH ) such as Putty you can highlight text and copy it to your Windows clipboard by pressing control-insert, then you can insert what ever is in your clipboard by pressing shift-insert. If you are writing a shell script, then you can't put anything into the clipboard, but you can store things as environment variables.

The question needs more clarification on what you are really trying to accomplish.

Have you looked in /usr/openwin/bin?

Yeps, I found �xclipboard� but it's GUI application.

Is there a command in Solaris 10 for this issue?
Or is there a way to find the command, which is acitvated when 'copy' on the keyboard is activated?
(/usr/openwin/demo/xev)

---------- Post updated at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous update was at 08:55 PM ----------

Simple I make from a text file, a special fromatted message via several commands ... and now everything is putted in a text file. And then it has to be copied to put it an other application to send it out without errors and problems.

So via scripting in Solaris

How about /opt/sfw? Is Tcl/Tk installed there?

�/opt/swf� and �/opt/swf/bin/tcl� founded

�/opt/swf/bin/tk� NOT founded
but �opt/swf/bin/tknewsbiff� and �opt/swf/bin/tkpasswd� founded

In Unix/Linux if you want output from one command to go into something else you just redirect the output. For example if I want to create and environment vaiable with the timestamp I can just do the following:

export CURR_TIME=`/bin/date +%Y%m%d_%H%M%S`

Why don't you just redirect the output that you want in the text file into the text file?

Because it is the idea to copy that (special) format of text in a application GUI ... so putting it in a variable is not helping me to solve the problem.