Solaris 10 - boot CD not loading

I recently downloaded solaris 10 disk images and I am trying to load it onto my system. I cannot get the PC to load off of the disk 1 image. I created the disk using windows easy cd creator just like the download instructions said, but i get a boot failure. :eek: Any ideas??? ( BIOS ok !!! )

Thanks in advance! :wink:

If the CD isn't bootable then make a boot disk and try using that.

When creating the CD did you make it bootable?

Sorry my English ! :o I'm Italian.... :eek:
I'll try to make bootable CD but I think it doesn't work anyway .... :mad:
Thanks for reply !!! :wink:

You cannot simply copy that iso file to your blank cd...
If you just copy it, then in the cd you will have only 1 file, i.e. xxx.iso. But actually what you want is like extract that iso files to lots of files. So, if you found the cd that you burn just have 1 file and with .iso extension... then you have to burn it again.
If I am not mistake, Windows default cd burning tool can't burn iso image file, you have to use other software, e.g. Nero's Burning Rom.

I read better again and I find that I have burned CD # 1 with the default option Track at once instead Disck at once ...exactly Disk at once/96 Immediately I have tried to burn CD with Nero 6 with the exactly option... and it works !!!! :slight_smile:
I thought that it was a normal CD image .iso like the others....
Thank you very much ... and sorry my English... the Grammar !!! :smiley:

Please try MagicISO, you can make bootable CD from bootable image with magiciso. It is a good ISO burner.

Dear friend, recently, i got the same problem. I didn�t get start system boot and each time system starts, did appear differents messages... i downloaded again the disk image 1 and recorded through Ease CD Creator, in Windows and i has been sucessfull in boot and all instalation process...
After Solaris instalation, you must boot start in IDE(HD) and not for CD 1, easylly configured in System boot device, in Bios...

Use NERO to slove the problem by select "Burning a image disc" and then select the *.iso file. By this way the system can boot from cdrom.
Try it.

You cannot simply copy that iso file to your blank cd

not simply copy,but use "creating image disc".

Hello, I am Vinay,studying Engg in computer science in INDIA.
I am also suffering with the same problem.
In Solaris 10 there are no boot files.we have to get them from somewhere else.
I dont know how to get them.
If you get from some one,can u please send that zipped file.
The boot file of Solaris 9 is also not working.

Thank you.
My Id.
vinaytheindian@yahoo.com
vinaytheindian@gmail.com