Software to deploy website ?

Hi,

I'm planning to deploy a website in my LAN. I already have apache installed in my PC, but I dont want to write codes for web page rather is there any software that allows me to design webpage, add contents, add users, upload docs etc.. rapidly.
Free softwares are most welcome (both in windows and LINUX/UNIX)

wordpress, Drupal, Joomala

google for "open source content management systems"

List of content management systems - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

thanks itkamaraj for giving the right word to google...

Wordpress (WP) is not listed in the link posted above (for some reason):

WordPress - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm a big fan of WP for novice web admins and experts alike.

1 Like

does these software's allow to edit the codes.. for example if i use joomla will i be able to edit the php code generated while designing the web page?

One more question:
I know some basic perl, so can you suggest me a perl based CMS such that i can have hands on perl scripting too..

You can edit the php code any way you like, but with a CMS you are more likely to design pages and add content, rather than programming, simply because CMSes are designed to be out of the box solutions.
Regarding the Perl based CMS, there are in the link that itkamaraj provided.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

I would also stick with Wordpress. There opensource plugins are plentiful and have a larger quantity than my experience with Joomla. I do love the creativity of Joomla better but the down fall with Joomla is all extension/plugins are costly BUT if you have the funding you are basically buying support for that plugin. Wordpress is a lot more powerful, Ive read several great books on Wordpress and if you would like a list of books I can recommend a few. Also, Ive stayed clear of Drupal because of a large number of rumors in regards to the crappy framework. However, I cannot acknowledge if this is accurate because I have not dived into Drupal BUT word of mouth is powerful.

And I am not. It's a very heavy bandwidth, memory, and CPU waster. It uses more of everything on my server than everything else combined.

graphicsman: It will be of great help if you could share me the book list. TIA.

Corona688: Whats your recommendation on open source CMS ?

Any of the above except wordpress...