SNMP Problem - SNMP not getting to the agent.

I am having a problem with an SNMP event, and I am not sure where I should be looking to solve this problem.

Description:

There is an SNMP event in our system that for one reason or another is not getting sent out as an email because it is never getting to our SNMP agent.
I see where the event is raised in the code, and this event is raised just like the other SNMP events that come out as log messages and then get sent out as emails. I looked to make sure the OIDs match in the .act file and MIB file and they do. Everything seems to be in place as far as the .act and MIB file go. I also verified that the user I am trying to send this SNMP email to can get emails. This event is getting logged in our system too and I checked that. We have other SNMPs that get sent to our customer but not us, so I know there is an issue somewhere but do not know where to look. I have asked everyone at my company and no one seems to know why this is not working. This is an SNMP that has been in the code for a long time but never seemed to get sent out as an email.

Does anyone have any advice on where to look or what might be causing this? If more detail is needed, I'd be happy to supply as much as I know/can.

Thanks in advance