Smf managed service not starting

Hi Experts,

While playing with smf in my local system ( which is not in production ) i am unable to restart the service svc:/network/nfs/server:default . I tried starting it in different way, however unable to restart the same.

I was checking the dependency for that I disabled the service svc:/network/nfs/mapid:default

Then later I enable the above service and tried enabling the service

svc:/network/nfs/server:default

No luck :(.

Later I tried restoring the smf service by running the script available on the below path

/lib/svc/bin/ ./restore_repository and rebooted the system , still no success :confused:.

Please help and also suggest where I went wrong in the entire process .

Thanks

Did you configure the system to share some filesystems ?
nfs/server won't run if it has nothing to do.

Thanks bro,

I do not have any nfs file to share.

But is't it should start the services once I am trying to start manually

I guess its starts but quickly ends when detecting it has nothing to do.

if nothing is shared in /etc/dfs/dfstab the service won't start!

Thanks guys,

I have one more question .

Once I open /etc/dfs/dfstab i do not see any nfs file entry there, however once I run the command df �n , there are couple of nfs file system are visible.

How that�s possible.

Thanks again in anticipation

this are nfs shares from OTHER servers!

Please correct me if I am wrong in my understanding.

If I have any file system or resource which I am willing to share with other system, then those shareable resources are going to listed in dfstab?

right...

kind of...
if you want to share your local resources across the network, you only need to issue something like:

share  -F nfs  -o rw=users  -d "home dirs"  /export/home

if you want it to be persistent across a reboot to init state 3, you add it /etc/dfs/dfstab.

Are you "really" using any host to mount your shared filesystem remotely?
meaning, is it in the remote host's /etc/vfstab entry , eg..?

Hi Inc,

no i do not have any nfs entry in vfstab. I understood the issue and its working fine.

thanks to all of and special thank to jlliagre, pupp and DuckNuck2 for there help!