SMC wont start

Today I attempted to use SMC for the first time on SUNSVR01 since 4 November. The SMC toolbox loads just fine but when I attempt to run any of the tools in SMC, I get red stop signs with labels like "com.sun.admin.hostmgr.client.vhostmgr" in the GUI. At the bottom of the screen, I get the following error message �No Solaris Management Console server was available on the specified server. Please ensure there is a Solaris Management Console server available on the specified host and that it is running.�

I vaguely remember seeing the �stop sign� for the bottom one �LegacyAppTool.client.LaunchLegacyAppTool� on 4 November, but I did not recognize it as an error message.

From the following link Hardware | Oracle I was able to stop and restart SMC.

I did the following:
su root

� kill all instances of the smcboot process (if any are running)

� kill all instances of the cimomboot process (if any are running)

� kill all instances of Solaris Management Console-related JVMs. These will contain either "-Dviper.fifo.path=" or "-Djava.security.policy=" in their command paths.

� rm -rf /tmp/smc <port> where <port> is usually 898 (Solaris Management Console 2.0)

� rm -rf /var/run/smc <port> where <port> is usually 898 (Solaris Management Console 2.1)

Then with Solaris Management Console 2.0, invoking /etc/init.d/init.wbem start will successfully start the smcboot process, and the server will be available upon the next connection from the console.

Effective with 2.1, the above steps should not be required if the server becomes unstable for whatever reason. Instead, you should be able to simply run /etc/init.d/init.wbem stop (which will automatically perform the above steps), followed by /etc/init.d/init.wbem start and the server should be back up.

However, the SMC server started but the error occurred again.
Any ideas?