SLES 10 SP2 possible kernel problem, / slowly filling up

Hello Guys

I first though about posting this to emergency but cause I fixed my issue with an reboot its not as important, more is important to me what caused this situation

Some facts:
OS: SLES 10 x64 SP2 (Virtualized Vmware ESX 3.5) / vmware tools status OK
Soft: Oracle10g
LVM partitioning
/boot
/
/usr
/tmp
/var
/oracle
have separate. LV's

I usually have ocupated about 120MB from 2GB , means about 1.8GB free space
today I noticed that for some reason I got only only 100 MB of free (df -h)
still when U used du -shx / - shows Im using 130 MB, wth?
I would have all the the world for troubleshooting but the usage shown with df -h / was showing the the free space is decreasing about 20 MB/1 hour.

I found no obvious errors in /var/log

There was only one BIG file I found in the /proc folder called kcore, size = 4TB, read on many sites as on this is virtual file representing the memory. I compared the /proc/kcore file on other 10 SLES server but the kcore file was 0 size.

I read that the /proc/kcore is absolutely not consuming any space, at all, so now comes the question what was comsung slowly the space on root partitions?

After I rebootet the system all was as expected, 2 GB total space, 190 MB user, and 1.8 GB free
I monitored the space changes for about 2 Hours and it remains the same.
One more hint
After executing service ntpd stop i got an error with umounting, /var/lib/ntp/proc

I checked lsof also on /proc/kcore, but nothing was using this file.

I would appreciate any help or tips what to check, or some hints what to look for in the logs.

Thank you in advance

A couple of related issues that might give you some leads here:

/proc/kcore problems - urgent - LinuxQuestions.org
Why is /proc/kcore so big?
IT Resource Center forums - what's filling up my root partition???? - This thread has been closed
[ubuntu] Root partition keeps mysteriously filling up.. [Archive] - Ubuntu Forums
Re: Root partition filling up