Shrinking zpool

Hello experts,

I have a solaris 10 (SunOS 5.10 Generic_148888-05 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise) that by mistake I added a second san space of 700g to the pool. the whole pool is now 1.2T and, I need to take the space away from the pool and, make the pool 700g total. this is live oracle filesystem. I have not done any zfs shrinking of sort (I know you can not do this). Here is my zpool status

# zpool status DLMS01Cpool
  pool: DLMS01Cpool
 state: ONLINE
status: The pool is formatted using an older on-disk format.  The pool can
        still be used, but some features are unavailable.
action: Upgrade the pool using 'zpool upgrade'.  Once this is done, the
        pool will no longer be accessible on older software versions.
 scan: resilvered 392G in 2h36m with 0 errors on Thu Apr 19 20:08:46 2012
config:

NAME                     STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        DLMS01Cpool              ONLINE       0     0     0
          c3t50002AC17D9D072Bd0  ONLINE       0     0     0
          c3t50002AC21226072Bd0  ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

what are my best options? Can you give me the commands please?

You can't shrink a zpool. You need to create a new zpool and copy the data to it. Then delete the old zpool. Your database should be turned off when your doing this.

Thanks, DustinT. If I create a new pool do I need to reboot the zone in order for zone to see the new pool?

No reboot is required. You'll probably want to read up on zoneadm to understand how to mount the zpool so it's visible by the zone.

disregard this..

I was talking about rebooting non-global zone not global zone. If I add the new-temp-pool to the global-zone and then, add the temp-FS to NG as lofs without rebooting the NG to pick up the new FS. Am I not correct? Or maybe not. ignore please.

I'm not sure what you said there but I did catch the 'ignore this' part... post back if you have more questions, ok?

Thanks for you replies, I ended up recreating by using snapshot.