shell test command

I have a shell script, what i want to do is to use the test command and test it, but to be honest with you i really don't know,

can someone give me some advices and how to use it?

I have looked on the internet and saw some commands and scripts but the thing is where to start.....to test it.....

best regards dan,

Couldn't describe it better:
Test Constructs

Here is my code and I want to test it, where to start, cause I don't even know what to test to be honest with you...

for personal reasons i have remove this code and also i want to thank zaxxon for his help....

test is no program to test if your shell script works. test is used with or without "if" for example, to test if a condition is true or not, to implement a logical flow into scripts. In your script, that smells like homework/classroom stuff, are some loads of "if" tests already. Best talk to your teacher again and tell him that your task is not clear to you.

By the rules of this forum, homework/classroom stuff is forbidden:

(6) Do not post classroom or homework problems.

which you can read here:

The UNIX and Linux Forums - Forum Rules

have you tried running the program using the ./filename it usually comes up with errors like mine has at the moment haha

ok, thanks a lot, i will remove this from here, any way now i do understand what you was want to say, it did help me in a way.... the thing is i have a script file which record everything what i did and test everything and the script works very well, and when it didn't i had errors which i fix them up. thank you very much for your help

yes i did, and all the time when i had errors i fix them up, any way thanks for your help guys....