Shell script to set user password to never expire in UNIX servers

Hi,

I have a requirement where in i need to write a shell script to set users password to never expire. I know the command which is used to perform the same .. which is chage command.

But, could not figure out how to do the same in shell script.

Could you please help me with the shell script to do the same. This script should be executed for few users only ?

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance

Show us the exact command you would use to remove the expiration date for a user's password.

Tell us what you want the script to do. (Should a list of users be provided as command-line operands? Should the script repeatedly prompt for a user name until the person running the script indicates they are done? Should the script repeatedly prompt for user names if and only if user names were not given as command-line operands? Something else?)

What shell are you using?

Which UNIX server are you using?

Hi,

Command is

;

chage -l -1 -m 0 -M 99999 -E -1 <username>

I will pass the username with dynamic variable which i get from the Identity application which is " __NAME__ ".

Thanks

I repeat:

And, now, since I don't know what "the Identity application" is, what is a dynamic variable? Are you saying that your Identity application will export the environment variable __NAME__ and directly invoke your shell script?