Shell Script Required!

Hi people,

I am new to this forum. I have taken unix this semester in my college and i am new to it. I am finding shell scripting a bit hard and i need a little help.

I require a shell script to delete files that end as .bak , .BAK, #, ~ and files with the name core.The Script should accept a command a line argument the name of the starting directory in either absolute or relative notation. For example if the present working directory is /home and we wanted to process the directory /home/vats then the command line could be :
cleanup /home/vats or
cleanup vats or
cleanup ./vats
All of them should work.

Can anyone please help me...

Thanks
Vats

its hard yeah, but have you learnt anything yet from school? why don't you put up something first and the kind ppl here will guide you. If you have not started the lessons yet, why not get a Unix shell programming book from the library or somewhere and start reading..?

Thx for the reply mate!!!!the problem is that i have taken very hard subjects such as enterprise programming and client server architectures which has kept me busy throughout the semester with assignments so i didnt get time to study this because unix was one of the easier subjects at the start of the semester!!!Well its not now!!!!I am so preoccupied with other subjects that i am not gettin time....ni hav to submitt this assignment next monday...so if u cud help me tht wud be gr8....and i made a mistake with the directory so if i want to remove files in vats directory it shud be

cleanup /home/vats and not cleanup /home/foo

Sorry for the mistake...i have edited the post as well!!!

Please refer to the rules here