Shared libraries

Hello everybody,

I am having major problems at the moment with shared libraries and I have to little knowledge of them to solve them. So please, please help me :slight_smile:

Ok this is the problem:

I have a library A, which uses B and C, and C uses again D.

If I try to run A as plugin in apache, it says C doesn't find D ( unresolved, etc).

I have the suspission that it has to do with the way we make our stuff. We use omake. I can change the compiler "severity" of it, due to a lot of problems I will rather not explain here. The thing is that someone stated it would be enough to put all the -l<lib> options on higher level.

So in my example this would mean that the makefile of libA contains the following options :-lB -lC -lD, and the other makefiles didn't need references to the libs they are using.

But that doesn't seem to work. Lib C still complains about unresolves ( but only runtime!! ), although the file is there and in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Does someone have a good article, or some hints for me, how to compile the .so files so they will run without unresolves? Where should I include the -l options?

Miriam