SFTP script from AIX to Windows 2003

Hello everyone!

I searched high and low in the forum's on this site before I started a thread, but couldn't quite find my resolution. Even though I got good hits on SFTP.

I'm working on a script on my AIX 5.3 system to sftp (OpenSSH) files to another remote site that is running "Secure FTP" from Globalscape on a Windows 2003 Server. My goal is to bypass password and passphrase authentication for non user interaction.

I've generated my Public/Private dsa key pair on my AIX system. My problem is that I don't know where on the Windows 2003 Server (what directory) that my public key should be copied to. This is where you guys/gals come in !! I'm hoping someone has a silver bullet for me. Thanks in advance for any info.

I'm a new user to this site and this is my first post, so take it easy on me !! I'm an ex-Mainframer and about 2 years into UNIX. This looks like a great site that I'll be frequenting a lot!

Thanks again!

Since this is a SecureFtp server, this is something that you should be asking the vendor. I quickly went to the globalscape site and browsed through documentation, but couldnt find what you were looking for. I think you should put in a call to globalscape, unless someone else here knows the answer

Check your sshd_config file on the destination system (Windows server). It probably has a line such as:

AuthorizedKeysFile %h/.ssh/authorized_keys2

The above line means that the public keys should be copied in the <home directory of the destination user>/.ssh/authorized_keys2 file.

This is the default, but you can change this very easily. A very good idea is to use a single directory that is highly protected (very strict perms), and use /<single_directory>/%u/.ssh/authorized_keys2. This centralizes control into a single directory, making administration and maintainence easier.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!