Setting DHCP on Solaris 8

I am trying to set up a DHCP on Sunblade 100. I have Dlink router that connects me to the net with my other computers. I can't seem to let my DHCP server to give out IP addresses instead of my router. I have been working on this for the last three days. I had an issue with Unknown name but i have resolved that. I need to find a way to let my Sunblade give out IP addresses to my other computers on the LAN. by the way all three computers are connected to the D-link router.

I split my network into two subnets to avoid this problem. The DLink router manages DHCP on one subnet, my gateway box manages DHCP on the other subnet.

Alternatively disable the DHCP on the DLink router, say, by giving it a range of zero address.

It doesn't allow me to give 0. Whatdo you mean when you say my gateway do you have a machine that you set up as router to manage the other subnets. Excuse my little knowledge of this and I appreciate this.

internet <---> router <------- subnet A ---> gateway <--- subnet B ----->

So the box gateway needs at least two network interfaces, each with separate IP addresses.

I also had to add a static link to the router to get from the router to subnet B using gateway as the default route for that subnet.

The gateway runs dhcpd as well as having ip-forwarding turned on. For good measure it also runs bind9 with my local name server which then forwards unknown requests onto the router.

Now I have to get another nik for my sunblade 100. Do you think I can use one that i extract from my old pc again excuse me for my little knoledge on Solaris I am sort of a begginer. This would make sense when i draw a diagram.