Setfib on Solaris?

Is there on solaris 11 something like setfib command of FreeBSD ?

Thanks

/etc/defaultrouter was available up to Solaris 11.2 Starting with 11.3 the route command must be used.

On older systems, you can manually edit /etc/defaultrouter to change routing. But it does so on a system wide basis.
If I recall correctly, any process anywhere on the system opening a socket after the change is affected. I believe with setfib it works only process specifically.

What are you trying to accomplish? ... not how you think you can do it. Thanks.

I want different program to use different default gateway
program a -> default gateway 192.168.10.1
program b -> default gateway 192.168.10.2
program c -> default gateway 192.168.10.3
program d -> default gateway 192.168.10.4

Can you explain why you would want this? Are you concerned about the security of your network or are you trying to load balance it somehow? Unless you have separate network cards in your server (not just multi-port cards) there is likely to be contention.

The gateway is just a path on the next step of the network to devices not on your subnet. Beyond that, the routers probably merge the traffic down trunk routes anyway.

Can you clarify what you really want to achieve so we can consider options?

Thanks in advance,
Robin

imagine that you have 10 different internet connections
and you want to download 10 big files at the same time from the same server
with setfib it's easy ot download at the same file1 through gateway 1, file2 through gateway 2, file3 through gateway 3, etc etc
so you can get 10x download speed

Do you have 10 entirely different paths to the 10 data sources? I fear that they will still contend with each other at some point anyway.

Do you have multiple direct internet connections using difference network cards, different switches and different fibre-routers over different suppliers to different access points?

Where is the bottleneck you are trying to overcome?

Robin

we have 10 different internet connection at 100mbit/s and I use setfib with wget to sum speed
all routers are one the same subnet, so only one network card is needed to do that with FreeBSD