Set up iscsi LUN on solaris 9?

Hi,

I need to set up iscsi LUN on Solaris 9. I've done it on Solaris 10 with iscsiadm. How do you do it on Solaris 9 though? Currently using Solaris 9 update 2. Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Sparcman

Re: [Solaris-Users] Solaris iSCSI initiator

If you can't get the Cisco initiator or if it's too expensive - it doesn't appear to be openly available at at this link listed as the location on the Cisco web site - you can also install a QLogic iSCSI HBA such as a QLA-4050 and use the QLogic driver.

I may be reading the OP wrong, but i'd say he wants the iSCSI target software.

I remember an effort to port the OpenBSD target to solaris 9 - apparently it worked on both sparc and x86.

A quick google should suffice.

Thanks for the replies. I am just looking for the iscsi target software for Solaris 9. I need to connect it to a NetApp filer. Still can't find it using google. Near impossible to find. I reckon I will just use NFS for the moment just to save the hassle. Thanks again.

Sparcman

sparcman - unfortunately i don't have the software. however, i had a netapp senior CE on site one time and he logged into his intranet and was able to point me to some files and procedures (I later realized I didn't need what he had given me because iscsi works just fine with iscsiadm and what is native to sol10... i know you are working on sol9). that being said, if you have a service contract or contact with netapp, give them a ring. see if they have what you are looking for. maybe open a support case with them.

Thanks for the info Pupp. Never even thought of that! I will have a look in now.netapp.com. I've set up the NFS share for the moment and thats fine. I would like to set up an iSCSI LUN on Solaris 9 just so I can do it again in the future:)

Sparcman