service status in AIX

good afternoon to all

hay i m new in AIX. my problem is that.....plz tell me how to see " service status" in AIX Becoz i run /etc/rc.d/rc.2/Sbesclientd so its show below like this

bash-3.2$ sudo  /etc/rc.d/rc2.d/SBESClientd status
Usage: /etc/rc.d/rc2.d/SBESClientd { start | stop }

I knew that i can see through PS command...but in other linux flavour as i can see service status.....service vsftpd status through this command..

so is it any command to see service status in AIX except ps command..

This is no matter regarding the OS, about what options a shell script supports. There are also scripts on Linux that do not have a status option. It has nothing to do with AIX or Linux.

If the script does not support a status option and you don't want to do a ps (I don't see any problem in this), you can only hope it is being handled by the AIX System Resource Controller (SRC), which I doubt in that case. You can check the status of supported Subsystems, Subsystem Groups and Subsyserver of it with lssrc -a and grep for it's name, for example.
Though, I assume this software you are controlling by this script is not part of the SRC at all.
Anyway here is a documentation from IBM about SRC, if you are interessted:

IBM Info Center - System Resource Controller

Another option might be to implement a status option into the script by yourself - though on updates it might be overwritten.

• in AIX, the `lssrc' command gives status of services (which are dubbed "system resources" in AIX parlance) ;

• to go directly to the source , follow the link below :

IBM Help System

hth,

good luck, and success !

alexandre botao
<< botao {dot} org >>