Server performance

Hi,

i would like to ask if it is possible to get the server load on a solaris machine, but i don't want something like uptime (load average), iostat and vmstat. I would like to get something in percentage like CPU load in %, Disk usage in %, Ram usage in %.
I want to collect this data and to make a performance report of few Solaris servers.
If i use the load average i don't have a base to say what is good and what is bad, i can just compare it with older data.

Thanks in Advance

Use 'sar' utility for that. For representing the raw data, collected by whatever tool, you need to write custom script, to match your requirements. Such scripts can be found here, in the forum (use the search function) or some of them could be found in the WWW as well.

Thanks for you answer.

I have sar on the machine
this is the output
00:01:00 %usr %sys %wio %idle
00:06:01 5 5 0 89

But whats the meaning of these percentages is it just for CPU or a average of the whole system.Does it mean that the system has been used 5% by the user 5% by the system itself %wio don t know what this is and 89% the system was idle?
And is it just for CPU, what is with ram , disk and IO
Maybe you know any tool that can do that like nagios but with out installing any client on the servers.

crack open those man pages!! 'man sar' will give you what you are looking for.

however, look under -u (default)

sar alone will consult its history files. if you are looking for a current image of usage, use something like `sar 5 100` which will give you a 100 lines at 5 sec intervals.

i believe if you want to start generating history files for sar, you uncomment the lines /usr/spool/cron/crontab/sys