Server become too slow

Hi,
Since last week our server become too slow when we try to run application on it. When we run top command, it show as below:

So it's nothing to do with heavy utilization, right? Can you give some opinion on what actually had happended?

Thank you very much... :b:

You have 20 asasd processes running and each one is using about 5% of the system. The load average is over 20. And yet you say "it's nothing to do with heavy utilization, right?". Well that looks pretty heavy to me.

Hehehe..actually I do not understand when should we decide that server is heavy utilization or not. From what I believe and understand, since the CPU LOAD average is still not reach 100%, the server is still considered ok. Hopefully you can help to expalin on how to decide that server is heavy utilize or not. Thank you...

Well, when you say (as you did in your first post) "Since last week our server become too slow" that is a pretty good clue. Pay attention when the users of a system say that they notice a difference.

Load average is the average number of processes that want a cpu (or will want want a cpu very soon) but cannot get one. But it also includes currently running processes (since they too must want a cpu). It is not a percentage. 20 is generally very high but with enough cpu's it might be ok. If you had 32 cpus, some of them would be idle and you would have no problem at all.

The percentages are indicated by this symbol % (which we call a per cent sign). Look at your idle percentage. It is zero. That means you are maxed out. Adding cpu's would probably help.

Ooo..i see.. Thanks Perderabo. I really appreciate your explanation and your help :b: Now I understand on how to see those thing especially on resources utilization :cool:

Thanks once again...