Serious performance issues and others due to firmware updates

Hi I am Rupesh from India and I have a system with Intel i3 10th gen 10100 processor and Asus h510 me motherboard. I am using Arch Linux since one year and used other Linux distributions since 15 years. Previously I have used it in a number of ways without any errors but now I can't.

Once I have logged into root account from cli login prompt and I got message as " upgrade your firmware by running fwupgrademgr update" etc., and so I have ran firmware update in my Linux system.

In gnome desktop environment I have installed firmware app from gnome software and opened it and it has shown that everything is upto date except Asus etc., and this app has shown that some update with name ..dbx is available and do you want to update and I have selected yes.

After rebooting I have upgraded my system and finally after rebooting the system performance is very slow I mean I can't launch gui applications like file manager, task manager as fastly as before.

I can't copy files to sata secondary Hard disk NTFS partition and grub can't detect other operating systems.

So I have installed Arch Linux from the beginning and updated all packages.

Actually I have a system with Intel i3 processor with integrated graphics and there are no components from AMD Radeon and nvidia etc.,.

But when I try to install Arch Linux there are some packages related to AMD and nvidia like amd-ucode xorg,-video -driver-amdgpu.

So I have removed them.

Actually there is a separate package called linux firmware then what is the need of another tool like fwupgrademgr, gnome-firmware.

I have updated all packages including latest kernel 6.5.7 and headers firmware etc.,.

I thought that software related to AMD and nvidia may be running if they are installed and so I have removed them.

Two times I have noticed a number of performance issues when I used fwupgrademgr and gnome-firmware.

Now my requirement is I want normal operation of my system and without any errors while copying files etc.,.

I am ready to install Arch Linux freshly.

Regarding file system errors and grub I have posted separate threads.

Are these firmware updates through fwupgrademgr and gnome-firmware are permitted to Linux or make any changes to segate hdd and Asus bios and finally destroy the whole hardware present in my desktop PC.

Kindly try to suggest is there any need to keep packages related to AMD and nvidia and is there any need to use tools like fwupgrademgr and gnome-firmware.

Many other people may be benefitted if the possible procedure is found to update firmware and if their Linux systems works fine.

Regards,
Rupesh.

I have removed packages amd-ucode and xorg-driver-amdgpu.