send mail

hi all,

anybody have an idea how can i send mail from my linux box to internal mail id. thanks

What have you tried, and what isn't working? If you have an Internet connection and a properly configured mail server (the latter is probably the big if), and know how to use a mail client such as mutt or Thunderbird, you wouldn't be asking this question, but we can't really tell which of these is the problem. Would you care to elaborate your question?

well, I'm new this concept and I dont even know how this thing works. If you can guide me that would be very nice. Thanks

Perhaps you could answer the questions above. Are you familiar with mailx or mutt et al? Do you require Internet mail or just the capability for one user of the system to send messages to another user of the same system? (I guess on Linux you easily get Internet mail as part of the bargain, but if you don't configure it right, it won't work, and you'll be restricted to local mail only in practice.)

So I take you mean locally on the same host?
That's as easy as e.g.

$ printf "Hi Dude,\n\nthat gets in my mail's body.\n" | mailx -s "My 1st mail" someuser