Send mail to outlook

Hello Guys,

I have a requirement to send an email to outlook from unix script. I have used the below stuff to send an email and it worked on machine A but not on machine B. Please find their versions.

Machine A ) Linux xxx 2.4.9-e.40enterprise #1 SMP Thu Apr 8 16:43:01 EDT 2004 i686 unknown
xxx- Intentionally removed the server name

{ Used Uname -a command to get the above info.}

Machine B) Linux xyz.uhc.com 2.4.21-40.EL #1 Thu Feb 2 22:32:00 EST 2006 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

xyz-- Intentionally removed the server name

This is the code :-

mail -s "SUBJECT" ABC@dummy.com < "$test"

It reads the contents from test file and send the mail.

Could you please let me know what is the difference between those two unix boxes. Is there something on the "working unix" box that is configured already ??? What do I need to change on the "non- working " box to get it fixed.

Appreciate your reply. Thanks in advance.:slight_smile:

• Well, you can run sendmail -bt to test the address rewrite rules on each host's semdmail.cf, or
  • get a different client that takes a SMTP server name and maybe even knows how to attach, like mutt.
  • The bad host is not sending the dummy.com email to a viable server. You might run nslookup -qt=MZ dummy.com on each host to see if they see mx DNS records the same. Check /etc/resolv.conf for the DNS servers configured.