i have a string that looks like

Network "123" "ABC" 

i need to make it look like:

Network "123"
Network "ABC"

Help please?
Thanks again

Hello hoyanet,

Could you please try following and let me know if this helps you.

awk '{for(i=2;i<=NF;i++){print $1,$i}}'  Input_file

Thanks,
R. Singh

Is this a homework assignment? Homework and coursework questions can only be posted in this forum under special homework rules.

Please review the rules, which you agreed to when you registered, if you have not already done so.

If you did not post homework, please explain the company you work for and the nature of the problem you are working on. Please also tell us what operating system and shell you're using (which should be done in every thread you start) and show us what you have tried to do to solve the problem on your own. It would also help if you explain where you're stuck. And, is this string in a shell variable? Is this string in a file? If you had a string that contained:

server '123' server "456" text "789"

what output would you want? Giving us a single line sample containing three words and saying you want two lines of output with two words each and no explanation of the reasoning behind that transformation leaves a lot of guessing to be done with no real clues as to what you're really trying to do.

If you did post homework in the main forums, please review the guidelines for posting homework and repost.