Searching the value of a specific attribute among xmls files from a particular directory location

Hi Folks ,

I have the different xml files at the following directory `/opt/app/rty/servers/tr/current/ops/config`

Let's say there are three files named

abc.xml
    bv.xml
    ert.xml

Now inside these xml there can be many tags as like shown below

<bean id="sdrt" class="com.interfaces.send.erty">                    
        <property name="eprocDependentOnClientAddress"><value>@argon.tdw.client.address@</value></property>
        <property name="eprocDependentOnClientAddressEod"><value>tyu</value></property>                    
    </bean>    

Now my objective is that inside directory /opt/app/rty/servers/tr/current/ops/config I need to search in all xml files and have to find that in every xml in context to property tag there should be no value starting from @ tag and also ending with @ tag

Let's say for example in the above xml file the below is correct

<property name="eprocDependentOnClientAddressEod"><value>tyu</value></property>

but the below is not correct

<property name="eprocDependentOnClientAddress"><value>@argon.tdw.client.address@</value></property>

so please advise what will be the single command in unix to search the files names that is those xml in which there is a tag starting with @ inside the property tag , There must be a command starting with egrep..:rolleyes:

A simple approach would be:

grep '<property.*<value>[^@].*[^@]</value></property>' file

But that assumes every property is neatly on one line.

Thanks but when i executed this as in this fashion below

grep '<property.*<value>[^@].*[^@]</value></property>' *.xml

well it searches among all xml's which is OK but it bring out the all the value tags but i am looking for the tags like as shown below only

so as you can observe the output should be only the tags in which from within the value tag the value is staring from @ tag and ending with @ tag only , please advise how to achieve this:confused:

Would replacing either of the two occurrences of [^@] with just @ cure the problem?

Like RudiC says, if are looking for the opposite, then you get those lines that contain the @ characters in the value part.

To get only the file names with the wrong value tags, try the -l option:

grep -l '<property.*<value>@.*@</value></property>' file(s)

Thanks but it is still not working , please advise can it be like this as I have shown below since outside there is a bean tag inside there is a property tag and inside that there is value tag . please advise

grep -l '<bean.*<property.*<value>@.*@</value></property></bean>' *.xml

Please be more precise: WHAT is "still not working"? Post input, commands and results and tell us what and why doesn't meet your needs.