Searching for Unix bootdisk

Hello. I need to reinstall my Unix Open Server Release: 5 on my Compaq proliant 800, but, my floppy bootdisk Release:5.0.4 is bad. Where can I download that version. That release of Unix is no longer supported by SCO.

Thanks.

You can't boot from the CDROM? I was using that version I think to load servers a few years ago and I booted off of the CDROM. I did have a few issues though where I had to change boot strings to get it to work. I think there is a utility on the disk that can be run from Windows? (doubtful) on the disk to create one in a worst case scenario situation. What is the machine doing when yo try from the CDROM?

On some versions of the Proliant, you must use the smartstart CD to install the OS, and the SCO Boot diskette is not required.

Thanks for the info. I have mounted the cd-rom but I don't have the Proliant smartstart cd. I have tried to look for an install.img in the OS cd but there is no such file in the images directory. So I could not create a boot floppy either. Which alternative to looks for now?

Regards;

if you want to reinstall then before you can create bootable floppy from
your sysadmin menu create floppy then check it
pankaj