SEA configuration

i want configure a SEA over my vios ,
i have a message error :

Method error (/usr/lib/methods/cfgsea):                                         
Failed to configure SEA with return code 1 and SEA-specific error code 10:      
Detailed info: Setting real adapter ent1 in promiscuous mode failed with error 1

Since it is an IVE logical port, it is likely that this VIOS needs to be configured as the IVE physical port's promiscuous logical partition

Command did not complete.

"Run mkdev" was last subcommand run.
please help me

Just a moment, while i look at your screen to see which command you entered and what else you did.....

hmm, somehow my far-sight is distorted today and my crystal ball is being repaired.

Seriously: it would help to show what you did, not only the error code that resulted in. Could you please give us a complete description of your problem, then we could better help you.

bakunin

Is there an IP Address on the pHysical Adapt when you run the mkvdev command?

And yes the port needs to be configured in promiscuous mode.

If you show us the command you are running and the current state of the device we may be able to help you.

As this is IVE (Integrated Virtual Ethernet) you need to be sure that the HEA (Hardware Ethernet Adapter) is configured in promiscuous mode, and the VIOS is the only system using the port.

That HEA port should be configured in promiscuous mode.
So that the port will be completly assigned to that partion.

I was waiting for other comments - it has been a while since I have been taught a class using HEA - the HMC code might be improved - but a few years back one of the common things that went wrong was that after a HEA port was configured into promiscuous mode people still tried to use it in multiple partitions and got mixed results.

So, in the HMC you need to open the HEA tab and verify the port is only assigned to a single partition (in this case the VIOS).

I do not have an HMC or a POWER6 system, so I cannot provide commands to check/set HEA at system level and lhea at profile level.