SCSI--Moving from PCI-X to PCIe

PCI-X was popular years ago, now it's not. Today's motherboards have PCIe slots, not PCI-X slots. I'm accustomed to using Adaptec, but I believe they've been bought out by ATTO Technology. Now ATTO has a product called PCI UL50 Dual Channel VHDCI Ultra320 SCSI PCIe card. So: does the SCO UNIX OpenServer 5.0.7 Adaptec Ultra320 driver work with this card? Or is another driver needed?

Adaptec, not SCO provide the drivers, you will have to ask them.

ATTO/Adaptec says that they have drivers for Linux--they don't specifically mention SCO. I'm hoping that the Adaptec Ultra320 driver will work...

First of all, SCO UNIX OpenServer is not Linux. I would be very surprised if the existing SCO Adaptec Ultra32 driver worked with a newer board such as the UL50 Dual Channel VHDCI Ultra320 SCSI PCIe card.

Off the wall but maybe you should consider a PCI-X to PCIe adoptor and continue to use your existing SCSI card.

I have used these with good results.
MegaRAID SAS 8708EM2

I and my clients have numerous external Ultra320 SCSI drives--which are working fine. But new motherboards don't have the PCI-X slot anymore. I've contacted Adaptec directly about this situation, but have yet to receive a reply; they seem to be a much smaller company now.

According to the SCO hardware list, there are no PCIExpress cards that support parallel SCSI disk drives, for release 5.0.7 or 6.0.0

Good news: I found a card which apparently will work--the LSI 22320SE SCSI HBA and it does have a driver for SCO. It is Ultra320 SCSI, with two external ports, and uses the PCI Express x4.