scsi floppy drive addressing

Does anyone know of a site that documents the various addressing schemes used with SCSI floppy disk drives?

Check this web page might be helpful

http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/nl.m68k/apas04.html

Since this question appears in the HP-UX forum and not the Linux forum, that link will probably not be of much use.

Drew, can you be more specific about what information you want?

I have floppy drives that I'm putting into an external SCSI rack.
I need to find an explaination of the jumpers on floppy disk drives for setting the address for UNIX. I've attached a picture of the patch of jumpers on the drive. There's an arrow from the jumpers pointing to a diagram, just to the right of the motor. I'm just not clear about how to read the diagram. Any ideas?
They are Teac drives, but their web site doesn't go into any detail. It's mostly advertisement.

Somehow you're going to need to track down some documentation for that drive. Are you trying to install it in an HP-UX system? Which hardware model and which os version? You're going to need a driver for that drive. Do you have one?

If I had to guess, I would expect that you're creating a scsi address between 0 and 15 by installing jumpers on the bottom row. The trouble is that if my guess is right, there is a jumper placed wrong.

But to follow my guess... the bits are 4,3,2, and1. Bits 1 and 3 are on. Bit 2 is off. Bit 4 seems to a jumper placed wrong... I will count that as "off". So the address in binary is 0101 which is 5 in decimal.

The documentation from the manufacturer doesn't seem to be available. That's what I'm trying to find. As with so many other things on the web, it can't be found where you would expect it, so we go looking in forums looking for other people who have solved the same problem.

I'm installing these in HP C110 and B180 workstations, in external enclosures connected to the "narrow SE" SCSI port.

I think you are looking only at one dimension of the address jumpers. Look at the diagram to the right of the motor. That, somehow, is supposed to indicate addressing jumper positions.

From looking at other floppy drives that I have acquired in this effort, it seems that these are the default jumper positions. Very few are set any other way. I have one external drive in a single disk enclosure that works. It's jumpers are in this same default configuration and I can address it at address 0. The drive definition is at /dev/rfloppy/c1t0d0. The 0 at the 4th character is what changes with the drive address; c1t0,d0, c1t1d0, c1t2do,...