Scripting Programs

Hi does anyone know some good shell scripting programs, like visual studio for C++/C#?

Have you tried asking Google?:cool:

Tried it but most of the links are Shell programming tutorials. Perhaps my terminology is wrong. What would you call it, shell compiler ?

Well, shell scripts are not compiled and I guess what you are looking for is shell scripting languages. Perl is one scripting language which you can download it from www.perl.org

What I am looking for is a software that make writing scripts easy. For example I can write HTML code in either notepad or visual studio. But with visual studio, i get different colors and other features that help me read and writes code easily. Another example would be SQL pretty printer for SQL code

Well, you can write scripting language in any editor which you prefer like VI, emac or Ultraedit if you are on windows platform.

vim can be built for most Unix environments and GVim is available for Windows

:syntax on

in command mode turns on highlighting, it maps on the basis of file extension

You might see this thread also to see many users idea and poll result for www.unix.com users...

What editor does everyone use?

Any of the these EDITOR provide coloring of lines depending on keywords, comments etc,. like visual studio?
the :syntax on command didn't work on vi on solaris 10

---------- Post updated at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:00 PM ----------

Sorry, i didn't know vim and vi are two different products,...