Scripting Issue

Hi All,

I am facing a problem when i am trying to run shell script more than 5 times.

I have shell script( .sh file ) which ran perfectly fine in the early attempts( 1,2,3,4 runs ). But if i try to run the script more number of times, i am facing the below error message.

Too many ('s

I do not know what causing this error message.shell script has 79 lines in it and i am using some sed commands on the inputs and also running FORTRAN programs( .f programs ) in it.

I am using the csh shell and the system is :

SunOS cvgsolsasp001 5.10 Generic_147147-26 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise

How can i overcome this issue ?Please let me know if anyone have any idea on these type of errors.

Thanks in advance,
am24

Without seeing your shell script, it is hard to say much more than "fix your script", or "stop using csh for scripts and convert it to a Bourne, Korn or bash shell script".

If you show us your script, we might be able to make better suggestions.

Other than being confusing to readers, it shouldn't really affect the way your script runs on a Solaris (or other UNIX-like) system, but, conventionally, a script with a .sh filename extension is expected to be a script using Bourne shell syntax; not csh syntax.

Please remove some ( 's and try again. :slight_smile:

If I had to take a wild guess, you do something that ends up returning an empty string and therefore csh doesn't see the ending ) .

Thanks all for your replies.

I will try it.

Regards,
am24