Scripting Homework, need help

Hi I just started scripting in my Unix class, but can't understand it and have trouble with homework. This is my homework:

Dean needs a daily written report of the status of his Unix computer. He wants to obtain certain information about users and processes that are only accessible by executing utility commands. He does not want to have to execute these commands every day and has asked you to help him write a script that employs these utilities to obtain the information he needs. He would also like the results of the execution script to be saved to a file.

Step 1: Open the vi editor to create a script called Information. Add the contents from the following table to the script.

Headings Utilities
Today's date is: date
The current users logged into the system are: who , cut or awk, sort, uniq
My current startup directory is: pwd
Today's identification information is: id
The processes running on my system are: ps

Step 2: Save the script and exit to the shell. Make the script executable and proceed to run the Information script. Submit your script to Canvas.

Step 3: Redirect the output of the Information script to a file named DailyInfo that Dean can access daily.

can somebody guide on how to do it.

Do not post classroom or homework problems in the main forums. Homework and coursework questions can only be posted in this forum under special homework rules.

Please review the rules, which you agreed to when you registered, if you have not already done so.

More-than-likely, posting homework in the main forums has resulting in a forum infraction. If you did not post homework, please explain the company you work for and the nature of the problem you are working on.

If you did post homework in the main forums, please review the guidelines for posting homework and repost.

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums.