Script with infinite loop stops after sometime

Hi
I am working on a server that is set up and maintained by a third party. It seems whenever I run bash scripts in the background (with a &) with while [ 1 ] loops in them they seem to me killed in around 2.5 hours. ( I am running them as a normal user with no special privileges ) . Is there a parameter that you ( the datacenter) can set that would cause this behaviour? There are application servers running which are owned by this very same user which continue to function regularly for days. Maybe I am making some mistake, but these are just regular while 1 loops which work fine for a sometime and then die.
Any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks

ok, i think you login the remote server with ssh, and it has ssh session timeout.

So you need run your command by below way:

nohup YOUR_script &

Then no one can kill the process, except the root and yourself.

Thanks for you reply. Yes I ssh into the system and it has a timeout of around 30 min.
I usually just run my script as

./My_script &

Is the nohup neccessary? IS the absence of the nohup the reason why the script would terminate?

man nohup

No Hang Up. Run a command immune to hangups, runs the given command with hangup signals ignored, so that the command can continue running in the background after you log out.

By nohup, if ssh timeout, the process you running in the backgroup is not killed automatically.