Script to validate between two environments

Hi,

I trust that you are well - I'm a bit new into AIX and I've been assigned a task to write a script that will always validate between our two Prod (Prod A and Prod B) environments to confirm which prod we live at. The two environments are exact replicas and this check I need to put in will be in place before we clone the secondary environment from the primary one which is a weekly exercise of keeping the two environments in sync. Could you please advise on which options can I look at and what the best approach to this might be.

Thank you in this regard.

Thanks
Twaggz

What kind of sync are you talking here? filesystem or DB?

Hi Vidyadhar85,

Thanks for the prompt response - this is a filesystem sync that we run which is already in place hence we want to put in a validator check to verfify which environment we pointing to.

Are both sides active in terms of application/processes too?
Or is one a hot stand-by and the active of both syncs it's files to the stand-by?
How do you decide which side is active besides your replication?
Do you assign the replication direction in your script hard coded, ie. is it always A -> B for example?
Is it a HACMP cluster?

We running active - standby where one environment is active at a time. All the changes are done on the Prod A environment and then later synced to the secondary environment Prod B.

Ok, but you still have to decide which side is active. There will be some processes running that do not run on the stand-by side. Built that check into your script, check remotely for the existence of those processes for example.