Script to monitor CPU , Memory

Hello.
I am using AIX 6 and did lot of searches on google for this script and found so many results. Just thought to ask you being the real good place for centralised answer:
a) Could you tell me the aix script, which may tell me If the CPU load is above e.g. 60% ?
b) Could you tell me the AIX Script, which may tell me If the Real Memory is above e.g. 60% and Paging Memory is above e.g. 2%.

Appreciate your direction on it.

Thank you

You are not looking a script but a monitoring tool
paid ones: IBM ITM6, Zenworks .

Free ones Zabbix, Ganglia

AFAIK, AIX does not come with a ready-to-use script that triggers an alarm action when CPU or RAM consumption is above some threshold ;

( althought the `errpt' output may show some alerts if your 'dump device' is too small - but that's another story ... :wink: )

• however, your "CPU/RAM/Paging" info can all be gathered from the `vmstat' output ;

• give it a try, like :

$ vmstat 1 10
  • this will give you ten samples of status, delayed one second each ;

• my suggestion is fairly simple :

1) with just a few `ksh' or `awk' lines in a script, you can check and alarm your needed values from the `vmstat' output ;
2) run the "vmstat + script" say, once every 5 minutes or so - with `crontab' - of course ;

• then all you have to worry is the way to actually 'inform' the events ( console , email , ... ) ;

ok ?

HTH

good luck, and success !