Script to compare pattern and print a different pattern in each line

Hi,

I am writing a shell script to parse some files, and gather data.
The data in the files is displayed as below.

.......xyz: [1234] abz: [1234]......qrt: [2312]....
.......xyz: [1231] abz: [2414]......qrt: [1231]...

I have tried using awk and cut, but the position of these values keep changing, so I wasn't able to get the required output using awk and split it into columns.
The value before the ":' is always constant, the value in the brackets only keep changing.
I need an option which prints in the following manner based on what is being grepped.
it should be a one liner as it is part of a much bigger script, and it should be able to compare the value in the brackets for "xyz:" and "abz:" and if it is the samee then it should print "qrt: [2312]"

In the above example lines the output should be only "qrt: [2312]" as that is the only line with the matching value in the bracket of "xyz:" and "abz:".

Please help

Thanks

hi Senera,

This is the second time you are posting the same question again which is against the forum rules.

Also, you are changing the input specification every time ( please check your earlier post on the same subject ).

I need a one liner because it is part of a bigger script as I have mentioned. I am not sure what do you mean by homework. I am writing this script to gather a lot of different variables, and this is just one of the variable.

A solution and the number of lines in the code is also equally important to me as I will be filtering a lot of other parameters before i come to this part of comparison, and also do a lot more filtering and calculation.

Earlier when the position of the variables in the log files weren't changing so i used to use a simple awk comparison like below,

awk '$2!=$5{print $9}'

I am not an expert in awk, so I am asking help on this.

And finally sorry for starting another thread, I wasn't sure if it has to be one question in each thread, so I started a new one.

Most of the time, I search and try for solutions from the existing threads, but i couldn't find anything close to my problem and I really need some help in getting this solution.

Thanks