Script that, if file exists in Samba share, moves file to Unix server

I'm looking to do pretty much what the title says.

I want a script that runs, it can run on Unix or Windows, doesn't matter, and searches a Samba shares for a .txt file.

If the file exists, the script will move (or possibly copy) the file from the Samba share into a directory on our Unix server.

It should check for a file every 15 minutes.

I'd prefer to do this from within Unix just because I'm trying to learn more about Unix, but Windows works too.

How do you think this would be accomplished? What commands?
From your unix login, can you 'see' the file you are checking for? Do you have to connect to a different computer to find the file?
We are here to help, but not do all the work for you.

Certainly, I need to get more specifics, I was just tasked with this and don't quite have all of the details. I think I should be able to use cron for this? It's a bit hazy as its been a year or so since I worked with Unix and I've never been an expert by any stretch. Does this sound like something that could be accomplished with cron?

Cron is a way to schedule unix programs or scripts to run on a regular basis. However, you have to create the script first.

script.sh

if s:\path\folder\filename exists
  then 
    move the file somewhere
endif

then in cron, you would add script.sh to the list of scheduled programs
and be sure to code all those first fields correctly to have it run every 15 minutes.