Script protection against changes

Hi everyone,

I�m trying to protect the scripts I have made from changes.

At my office I�m the one who research improvements on daily tasks, and I�ve done many scripts, that I share with my partners.I�m tired because they take my scripts and make their owns with new features that don�t share or keep secret... so I need to prevent them to open my scripts and modify it.

The use os user permissions is not possible because I have to share my scripts also with operators, and they need permission to Read and eXecute, so anyone can open my script to see the code.

Is there any way to encode it?

I�m just a beginner on scripting and I don�t know anything about compilation. Please give me a hand!!!

Before asking here I�ve been searching on internet... but I haven�t find anything useful.

Thanks!

If you write your scripts in Kshell, you can use shcomp which will convert the script into a binary representation that Kshell can execute. You then put the executable file out in a public directory, and keep the source file as read only in your private development area.

If shcomp isn't installed on your system you can get it as a part of AST from AT&T Labs Research: AT&T Labs Research - Software Tools

Maybe something like this will work for your situation

Thank you,

it seems thath we don�t have shcomp installed, and I can�t install anything because I�m just a user of an SunOS 5.9 on a big company.

�any other ideas?

Thanks!!!

You can download it and build it in your home directory -- no need to 'install' it. Of course, company policy might prohibit that too which is too bad.

If you have sudo you could write a stub script that runs the actual script with sudo as user or group that has access to read the script.

This will involve the sysadmins allowing the stub script to run the actual script as the user/group without a password prompt.