SCO Will Not Boot

Hello to all , I am new to this forum and also i have very less knowledge about sco unix, but I have good knowlage about Dos-Windows file systems since 1990 year :slight_smile: and i am a professional IT person about Networking and computer hardware but as i said not know much about Unix based systems :frowning: , anyway :slight_smile: , I have an important problem about SCO UNIX 5.0 booting, i could not found any solution over here or google how to fix it , the problem is system stops responding and nothing happens until forever :slight_smile: at Kernel : 100 HZ bla .. bla .. as shown in the picture , i am sure that it is a file system error on HDD that is not allowing UNIX to continue load operating system , i think it must be a command like checkdisk to fix file system ( i think ,most of you know that , it was using for some time to fix windows booting issues or to fix Dos or for repairing FAT-FAT32-NTFS file systems as well) , but also i found a file command like fsck command (i think its like chkdsk.exe which is on windows or dos) but what ever i do , i could not make the command to run to fix the file system , it gives an error like dos , but i don't remember exactly (like "bad command or file name") any urgent help is welcome for fixing the system and make to work OS again , sorry for my bad english :slight_smile:

PS:I have no boot or rescue boot CD - or FDD and dont know how to make it
I Tested HDD for bad sector like HDD re generator and has no bad sector
I Tested Ram module with like Memtest 86 and has no ram problem
No newly installed or uninstalled hardware on the system
The problem is exactly a hanging on like the picture attached
Boot
:
is accessible and accepts commands like "ls" but dont accept commands like "fsck"

Please urgent Help :slight_smile:

---------- Post updated at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:39 AM ----------

image is here about the error
postimg.org/image/5m0v93qup/

---------- Post updated at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:43 AM ----------

please put an http://
at the postimg.org for viewing the image because the forum does not allow me to to it :frowning:

With a thread title like "please help me urgently", nobody is likely to give you urgent help, because nobody is going to know your question. I'm going to help you out a little by moving this SCO question to the SCO forum, and renaming it something people will be able to tell what you're asking. Good luck, and please keep this in mind in the future.

Any Help ?? , nobody does not know it ?? , camon 16 views with no answer ??

If you had another SCO server you could try putting the boot disk in that server and running fsck on it there. There probably aren't many people running SCO, so finding a precise answer may be difficult. You can also take the drives with the data and put them in a new server, that uses the same disk drives, and moving the data onto new volumes. Kind of a forced migration. You may want to hire a Unix person to resolve the issue, given how different Unix is from DOS/Windows.

Image posted shows no errors (or I missed it somehow). So... lack of boot up is a mystery.

I've admin'd SCO servers before.... I feel sorry for you.... :slight_smile:

Hope you're able to figure it out though.

Did you try entering "boot" and hitting "enter"?

Do you mean that's an actual terminal prompt with no signs of crash, halt, etc?

I guess the question is, then, meraklinext: What exactly is the machine not doing, that it's supposed to be doing?

The system boot process fails to mount the root file system. The only solution is to boot from another device and run fsck against the root device.
Do you know the exact version; 5.0.0 is the first release of Openserver and is dated about August 1995.
The hardware is a Pentium II, meaning that it is probably 20 years old as well.
Presumably there is mission critical data on the system.
Use a DOS/Windows program to duplicate the disk; ship the duplicate disk to me, and I will attempt to clean it up and return it to you.