SCO TCP/IP 1.2.0. floppys needed

Hi,
every body, I have the same problem but with the SCO TCP/IP 1.2.0. I have the 3 floppy disks but I get an error on disk 3, unreadable. I have seen the closed post regarding the sco tcp/ip. Does anybody have those disks?

Thank you in advance

Mariano

Hey locovich,

What exactly is the help you are looking for?

You are looking for SCO software because? Have you contacted SCO?

(Is SCO still in business and/or providing support?)

I have an SCO Sistem V 3.2 V4.2 running, since 1995, it crashes two weeks ago, yes more than 17 years without problems. This machine was a real 1995 machine still working. I have started the raise dead process ... jajaj . My first problem was find a machine with hardware that supports this OS. I get one. I have installed the os. with my original floppy disks (I will make a copy and put then into a cd ), every thing was ok ... I started to install the TCP / IP .... the I get an error on the disk 3. This OS was unsupported since 2003 or before by SCO. I have tried to get this disks but I 've got not good results .
This kind of problem is interesting to my, In my academic work I am interested on old fortran legacy systems.. yes Fortran !!! there is alot of code that needs to be updated or improved with more than 40 years since they saw the light of the day :slight_smile: ... I think that kind of legacy problems like those, will be more common as time goes by.
I think that there should be a place to put together all of this old software. Moreover nowadays it is difficult to find a new brand machine with floppy disks ( I have gathered 10 of this units in order to have them available in the future) ...

Best Regards

Mariano

Assuming that you are not developing tcp software, you could use a serial connection through COM1 (tty1a) if you do not want to work at the console. A direct connection at 38400 baud gives about the same performance as a network connection.
I know that I don't have any media for you, but I think that Ed(fair) does.
You could also upgrade to release 5. Almost all software will run, but installing the software from its original media is sometimes a problem. Use the files in /etc/perms as a guide to use tar to archive an application ( tar with a leading /) and the restore it on the new machine. I have a client that still uses Lyrix from 1989 on a current release 6.0.0 system.

I have no experience with tcpip on earlier SCo systems (moved to enterprise 5before needing it) so this is a question in the dark.

OP requested disk 3 (of 3) of the 1.2.0 package. I've provided disk 3 of my 1.2.0 set but there are 4 runtime disks in the package (plus LL driver and 2 maintenance disks). Were there multiple versions of 1.2.0 provided that might account for this seeming discrepancy?

There were several updates issued, especially for the LLI drivers. Some of this is still available here ftp://ftp.sco.com/ although the actual product is not. The last release was marked SCO 3.2 release 4.2

The runtime for 1.2.1 is 3 disks and marked 1.2.1o.
The runtime for 1.2.0 is 4 disks and marked 1.2.0i.

I have long suspected that the 1.2.0 was originally released for 4.0 and the 1.2.1 was an update to work with 4.2. But since I never got around to putting it on anything I never followed thru on confirming that.

OP states he has 3 disks. It sounds more like 1.2.1. And I suspect he may need the driver disk also.

Thank you Ed !!!!!

thanks!