SCO Server Replacement Help

I have a client who was using a Poweredge 4200 (Dinosaur) server running SCO 5.0.6. We would like to upgrade them to a new Poweredge 2600 server. I can get 5.0.6 up and running no problem on this server (Perc 4 Controller for Hard Drives and 2 Adaptec SCSI controllers for Tape drives). I have a copy of their master backup created in lone tar.

What I have successfully been able to do is restore the backup (Minus the ./etc and ./stand directories), which allows me to boot up the system and access all their information and softwares. The only issue is, when I go to add the new network controller and re-link the kernel, upon the next boot I get a message saying no PERC adapter found followed by a kernel panic. Is there an easier/proper way of restoring this data to avoid these issues?

I would like to try to keep the SCO Admin configurations from the restore process as it has all the user accounts, licensing information etc.

Use the 'ap' command to export/import all the user accounts, and then restore the non root file systems, and any files from the old root file system.

What files should I avoid restoring?

Treat everything on the new system as a fresh install.
Install all the required drivers and patches.
Run 'ap -d >/tmp/ap.list' on the old system
Copy /tmp/ap.list to the new system.
Run .'ap -r -f /tmp/aplist' on the new system
Copy the user home directories to the new system.
Re-create the printers on the new system, then copy /usr/spool/lp/admins/lp/interfaces/* from the old system.
Copy /etc/hosts, /etc/resolv.conf.
Anything in /etc/rc2.d and /etc/rc.d that is not on the new system.
Also look in /etc/inittab for user additions.
Copy /usr/spool/cron/crontabs
Run the following command against /usr/bin, and /bin
"ls -l |grep -v "@"'
This will list any files that are not part of the original distribution. If they do not exist on the new system copy them too.
Look in /etc/default for files that do not have the system release date
Since both machines have the same OS release you could run:
"du -a >/tmp/du.list" on both machines and then run diff against both du.list files to see what else is missing

Would it be any easier to visualize the server so I can just do the straight restore from lone tar to the VM? I would love to be able to just point the restore to a location and let it go.

Does Lone Tar have an emergency restore procedure that allows for changing the disk controller?

Lone tar has the emergency boot disks (air-bag) and the latest version has "Rescue Ranger" which their site says you can restore to new hardware automatically, but it doesnt seem to work all too well. Some things I have tried doing is installing SCO fresh, then the latest version of lone-tar, creating the rescue ranger disks, then restoring from the old master backup. But i get the same problem with the kernel being overwritten with the old one.

1. Is the old machine still running?
  2. If you do a fresh install, and add the patches, then add the nic driver, all before restoring any data, do you still have the missing controller issue?