SCO Openserver 6 Console Display Problem

I am trying to upgrade our SCO Openserver 6 box to some newer HW. I can get everything working correctly except for the console display. The boot command shows up correctly, as does the SCO Openserver 6 splash screen. Right as the SCO legal ease is displaying the screen suddenly jumps to only being half filled. The text only shows half text while the boot up process continues, After a few seconds the half text is corrected but it still only fills about half the screen. It's not screen position, etc. I have tried many different displays as well as other video cards with the exact same results. All 25 lines are displayed just not in the correct vertical space( the horizontal size is correct). The X Display screen works correctly. My initial thought was font size but am at a loss as to why it starts out correctly and then is being changed. My guess is it's one of the init variables (ie.. cofont, or coterm setting) but I am just throwing darts as to how to fix. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! Jim

Install mp4 using the graphical interface, add the following lines.
To /etc/default/boot

console_video=vga

and to /etc/default/profile

stty ispeed=38400 ospeed=38400

Thank you for the quick response. I already had MP4 installed. I added console_video=vga to /etc/default/boot. I tried lowercase just like you showed. I then also tried upper case because the other entries in the file were upper case. I didn't have a /etc/default/profile file so I created one containing the line you provided. I still get the same results. Any other ideas? Thank you again. Jim

The vga boot instruction can be all lower case, or all upper case, but not mixed.
You also have to install oss711 and oss714.
Xinuos, Inc. | Support | Update | Download | Product

---------- Post updated at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:48 PM ----------

Forgot to ask, what motherboard are you using?

I installed both those update and I believe OSS711e did the trick. I guess I should pay attention when they say "critical". Got ahead of myself trying to see if this machine would work. I will spend the rest of the evening loading the rest of the patches and updates :-). In answer to your question it's an ASUS motherboard with an I7-3770. I know old but still newer than what they have now. Thank you so much for your help, it is greatly appreciated!!! Jim